Urethane Compression Springs & Open-end Punch Strippers
Our large inventory of urethane compression springs are designed primarily for applications where corrosion, vibration, and magnetism prevent the use of conventional steel springs.
Available in light, medium & heavy duty versions, our polyurethane springs are tough as steel , yet resilient as rubber.
Compression Springs & Open End Punch Stripper Features
Urethane and rubber compression springs have proven to be the safest, most efficient and reliable compression springs for punching, stamping and drawing dies. As compared to steel coil springs, the advantages of the urethane springs include the following features:
No Sharpenellizing (Flying into pieces, when fractured under load) thus preventing injury to worker and damage to the die.
- Very High Load bearing capacities
- High dielectric strength and non-magnetic
- Protection against marring/galling
- Longer life
- Abrasion resistance
- Oil and solvent resistance
- Quieter operation than steel
- Vibration damping and shock absorption
- High pressures
- Closer center distances
- High tear resistance
- Punch vibration dampening
- Easy installation and replacement - no need for set screws or stripper bolts
- Conventional Heavy Duty Die Springs obtain up to 500 Ibs. per 1/8" deflection, compared to 2600 Ibs. per 1/8" deflection on our springs
- Excellent flex life
- Non marring positive stripping
- 100% load-bearing surface
- Bondable to mating parts Effectiveness between - 30ºF and 180ºF
You have questions, we have answers. Contact us today. Our skilled customer service specialists can help you make the right choice in polyurethane applications.