Polyurethane is one of the most ideal materials for manufacturing dead-blow hammers and soft mallets. A highly versatile polymer, polyurethane is tough, cost-effective, and reliable for a wide range of consumer and industrial tools. It also naturally offers numerous performance advantages for this unique application – most notably, customizable hardness combined with excellent shock-absorption.
Want to be further convinced? Read on to find out more on the advantages of polyurethane hammers compared to other common materials. And keep in mind, the finest dead blow poly-hammers on the market are manufactured in the U.S.A. here at Polyurethane Products. Our full range of polyurethane dead-blow hammers includes six sizes from 0.75 lbs to 7 lbs, with screw-on replaceable faces available in six different durometers/hardness levels.
The Three Major Material Benefits of Polyurethane Hammers:
- Excellent Resistance to Chemicals and Corrosion – Of course, polyurethane doesn’t rust or corrode. The material is also naturally resistant to many common chemicals, solvents, and industrial fluids. Compare that to traditional wood and rubber mallets: over time, the wooden handle and rubber head are both prone to cracking, chemical breakdown and dry rot, while any exposed metal hardware is likely to rust.
- Outstanding Shock Absorption – Polyurethane makes the perfect dead-blow hammer because the material naturally exhibits almost everything you want from a dead-blow strike: it absorbs shocks and vibrations, evenly dissipates impact energy, and minimizes rebound force – the kickback that you feel in your hand whenever you strike a hard surface.
- Highly Durable yet Non-Marring – Polyurethane is a non-marring material, so it tends not to ding or scratch surfaces. At the same time, the material is highly durable and resilient, so you get a much longer tool life than you do from most other non-metallic hammers.
America’s Leading Polyurethane Hammer Manufacturer – Highly Customizable Configurations
Polyurethane Products is one of the industry’s leading polyurethane hammer manufacturers. We make superior industrial-grade tools that are engineered and made in the U.S.A – right here in Addison, Illinois. We offer a wide range of custom hammer options in sizes ranging from 0.75 lbs to 7 lbs in weight.
Custom Poly-Hammers with Replaceable Faces
Unlike most standard, generic, or budget poly-hammers on the market, which are molded with a single-piece head construction, our premium hammer heads utilize urethane replaceable faces. This simple feature substantially increased the tool’s service life as well as the sustainability of the end product.
Going further in the name of durability, our hammer handles are reinforced with a steel skeleton construction. No flimsiness or cracking after a few hard blows – our poly-hammers offer the extreme strength of a steel mallet combined with the versatility of modern polyurethane materials.
Finally, beneath the screw-in faces, our molded hammer heads are shot-filled and carefully tuned to provide the smoothest dead-blow action possible.
Six Different Hammer Weights – Six Unique Hardness Levels:
- Molded poly-hammers with customizable screw-in faces available in six unique durometers/hardness levels:
- 60 A – Clear (Soft)
- 70 A – Blue
- 80 A – Green
- 90 A – Red
- 95 A – Amber
- 75 D – Black (Hard)
- Our hammers are available in six of the most popular sizes:
- 0.75 lb – 10” hammer w/ 1.4” x 3.3” head
- 1.5 lb – 11” hammer w/ 1.8” x 3.8” head
- 2 lb – 11.75” hammer w/ 1.9” x 4” head
- 3 lb – 12.75” hammer w/ 2.5” x 5” head
- 4.5 lb – 14.75” hammer w/ 2.9” x 6” head
- 7 lb – 19.25” hammer w/ 2.9” x 7.7” head
Quality American Made Polyurethane Products
Polyurethane Products is the nation’s premier manufacturer of poly-hammers and other premium polyurethane products. From stock and standard urethane products to complete customization options, our company is the single-source tooling provider for quality-focused clients throughout the industry.
for Manufacturing Facilities and Warehouses
Polyurethane Products manufactures a complete range of custom storage options
to efficiently handle your sheet metal rolls and other material coils.
How Compression Springs Function in Punch Stripper Assemblies
As their name suggests, compression springs are designed to create tension through compression, thus holding the workpiece is firmly in place. When the tension is released (as the punch retracts), the workpiece “springs” cleanly free from the punch.
Industrial punch presses generate an extraordinary amount of force – therefore, compression springs must be extremely durable and resilient in order to provide reliable metal stamping results over extended periods of production time. These components must be extremely strong and stable yet flexible and forgiving. This is where the benefits of urethane punch strippers and compression springs come into play.
The Advantages of Urethane Punch Strippers and Springs:
Urethane punch strippers and compression springs offer huge benefits to metal stamping operations in which corrosion, vibration, and magnetism prevent the use of conventional steel springs. Urethane materials do not rust or corrode, are nonmagnetic, and they tend to dampen vibrations.
In many applications, urethane offers the same load bearing capacity as steel compression springs and a similar service life, combined with easier fitting/installation to the punch. Furthermore, urethane strippers are smaller in size than steel or rubber punch strippers at the same pressure rating. The smaller sizes of urethane strippers allows for a closer center-to-center distance for punches.
Polyurethane Products Compression Springs and Punch Strippers
Polyurethane Products is an industry leader in urethane closed-end strippers. Available in standard and metric-sizes, we manufacture both closed-end and open-end punch strippers which are tough as steel, yet resilient as rubber. Conventional heavy duty die springs obtain up to 500 Ibs per 1/8" of deflection, whereas our urethane springs achieve 2600 Ibs per 1/8" deflection.
- Extremely high load bearing capacities comparable to steel compression springs.
- Extremely high flexibility, tear resistance, and abrasion resistance.
- Extremely long service life comparable to or exceeding steel compression springs.
- Ideal for punching oblong or odd-shaped holes.
- Ensures positive stripping and removal of material from punch.
Custom Urethane Punch Strippers and Compression Springs Manufactured in the U.S.A.
Polyurethane Products is a leading American manufacturer that is highly experienced in producing a wide range of custom industrial equipment solutions. Our urethane punch strippers and compression springs are utilized by commercial stamping companies the world over to streamline their punch press operations and produce more reliable results.
You have questions, we have answers. Contact us today. Our skilled customer service specialists can help you make the right choice in polyurethane applications.