SMP1240SR Radius Forming Pads
This NEW SMARTPAD™ is designed for heavier plate bending applications.
- This design has a unique Pressure pad design on top of the forming pad, comprising of a Urethane wear-pad on top and a row of 14 tool steel rods that roll bend the sheet metal against the contour of the Punch.
- The forming pad, has a round slot in the centerline to anchor the heavy plate bending pad (of a harder grade) during the bending process.
- 14 tool steel rods are positioned in molded round slots on the top surface of the forming pad, to exert more bending force to bend heavier plates.
Watch the Process
The SmartPad 1240SR is ideal for thick radius bending sheet metal with large area cut-outs. In this video, we are forming 1/4" stainless steel with large area cut-outs to show the MAR-FREE benging capability.
Success Story: SMP1240SR
Radius Bending an odd shaped sheet with a large cut-out
Formed to a 12.3" Radius using a 1240SR & a custom made steel Radius punch. With a hard grade wear pad, any cutting from the sharp edges of the laser-cut blank is Minimized, without damaging the main forming pad.
- 3/16” Thick laser cut M.S. Blank
- Approximately 25” wide x 29” high
- Finished part: with perfect Radius across the arc shape and cut-out
The part is formed in 3 hits, in order to get a smooth bend across the radiused shape, and to bend in the middle across the cut-out.
(the part has a 4" flat on each end)
Other Smart Pads
You have questions, we have answers. Contact us today. Our skilled customer service specialists can help you make the right choice in polyurethane applications.