SMP1240 Radius Forming Pads
This Original design Radius Bending system has been a very successful tool used by Hundreds of Fabricating shops, for about 30 years.
- Designed for bending up to 1/4" thick Stainless Steel.
- Pads are molded in 48" lengths, and for longer bends, SMP1240 urethane forming pads can be butted together end to end to make any length.
- We have produced dies 65 ft. long to produce tapered light poles.
- Wear pads are used to reduce damage from sharp sheet metal blanks cutting into the forming pad.
- CAUTION: The punch length should be equal to or longer than the pad length. If the length of the punch is shorter than the pad length, ends of punch will dig into the pad and damage the pads. It is better to cut the pad to be the same length as the punch or shorter.
Watch the Process
Imagine, forming a mar-free, radius of any size, any gauge of metal* using the same bottom die...you can stop imagining, it is now possible only with Smart Pad SMP1240 & SMP620N! See how the Smart Pad™ large radius tooling from Polyurethane Products can make your production faster and easier!
Other Smart Pads
You have questions, we have answers. Contact us today. Our skilled customer service specialists can help you make the right choice in polyurethane applications.